Roller and Roman blinds are both extremely popular choices when it comes to window dressing solutions. Where they have many similarities, there are a fair few differences to consider before making the ultimate decision about whether to cover your windows with contemporary roller blinds or classic Roman blinds.
Advantages of roller blinds
Roller blinds are an extremely popular choice, often being the most preferred option. With a window covering significantly impacting the look and feel of a room, it’s important that you’re choosing the right style of blind in a colour to suit your home. With many attractive qualities, it’s no surprise that roller blinds have increased in popularity.
- Aesthetically pleasing – with a sleek, modern design and easy installation, roller blinds always look smart
- Versatile – roller blinds can be placed in every room throughout the house, from the bathroom to the bedroom, these will do the job
- Durable – they can be raised and lowered countless times without mechanisms failing or fabrics tearing
- Affordable – it’s a cost-effective way of providing your home with privacy and light control; perfect if you’re on a budget
- Easy to operate – raise and lower these blinds with complete ease, we even have child-friendly options for your peace of mind
- Low maintenance – these are easy to clean and dust down, simply take a feather duster or a damp cloth and remove the dirt that way
- Blackout options available – perfect for placement in a child’s bedroom or lounge, these are great for completely blocking out sunlight and glare when needed
- Available in many patterns and colours – the ideal finishing touch to any room, make sure it’s the right colour or pattern to suit your style and existing home decor
How do roller blinds differ from Roman blinds?
Roller blinds are more affordable than Roman blinds, being relatively budget-friendly. The fabric also differs, as it’s often considerably thinner than the material used to manufacture Roman blinds. This can mean that, although sunlight can be kept out (reducing the temperature of a room), roller blinds may not be able to retain heat or prevent draughts as effectively as Roman blinds.
Advantages of Roman blinds
Roman blinds are often the most preferred choice for a lounge or bedroom. With cosy qualities and thick fabrics available, they have the ability to keep a room toasty when the temperature drops. Available in a variety of fabrics, colours and patterns, Roman blinds are proving to be just as popular as the conventional roller blind.
- Visually appealing – made from high-quality material here at UK Blinds Direct, our Roman blinds will always look fantastic
- Timeless style – whether your Roman blinds were installed last week or last year, they never age, allowing you to enjoy them for many years to come
- Energy efficient – retaining heat and preventing draughts, Roman blinds can help to drop the price of your energy bills
- Robust option – no matter how many times you use them, the durable fabric they’re made from will be difficult to scuff or tear
- Can be operated with ease – these blinds can be raised and lowered just as easily as roller blinds, with child-friendly options available, too
- Requires little maintenance – to remove dirt, simply lower the blind and vacuum using a soft brush attachment
- Many colour and pattern options available – we can custom-make your Roman blinds to suit your home
How do Roman blinds differ from roller blinds?
Roman blinds are made from thick, durable fabric, making them slightly more hard-wearing than roller blinds. Also, if you’re looking to reduce the cost of your energy bills, then Roman blinds would be the better option due to the material used to manufacture them.
UK Blinds Direct are proud to provide high-quality blinds and shutters that have been manufactured to exceptional standards and in full compliance with The British Blind and Shutter Association (BBSA) for your peace of mind. With free quotes and home visits available, our experts will be able to offer clear, accurate and professional advice to help you find the perfect set of blinds for your home.
For more information about how we can help you today, get in touch with a member of our team – we’re based in Sheffield and Rotherham, but are able to operate throughout East Yorkshire and the surrounding areas.